CompPad - Engineering Calculations in Writer
|writer, , mathematics, , math, , engineering, , physics, , Education, , mathcad,|
|Wednesday, 17 February, 2010 - 20:46|
|Week: Not tracked - Month: Not tracked - Year: Not tracked - Timeline|
CompPad is an OpenOffice / LibreOffice extension for performing units-aware engineering calculations within a Writer document, allowing calculations to be documented using all of the resources of Writer. It has functionality similar to Mathcad®, but is not intended to be a Mathcad® clone. Rather, I hope it might prove more flexible and extensible, and that it might encourage other free / open-source alternatives to a proprietary engineering "Killer App."
The following features are currently supported:
- Fast formula editing using a tool-bar edit field similar to the formula bar in Calc
- Real and Complex numbers, booleans, vectors and matrices
- Units of measure are handled in all quantities and calculations
- Support for alternate decimal separators - either "." or ","
- Basic operators including arithmetical, exponential, comparison, rounding, trigonometric, logarithmic, exponential..
- Vector / matrix operators including transpose, multiply, Min, max, sum, product. Scalar operators can also be applied to vectors.
- User-defined functions
- Basic X-Y plotting
- Unicode characters in variable names.
- Changing expression color
- Setting number of displayed significant figures.
If you require a certain feature for CompPad to be useful to you, please
let me know. I may be able to give it priority.
For assistance, email: CompPad-develop.