Portable PhotoAlbum lets you easily create photo albums that are standalone and lightweight, especially meant for online sharing.
I used important pieces of code from andreykord's PhotoAlbum with GUI, and introduced several variations:
- Images are embedded into the document, not just linked, so that the presentation becomes "portable".
- Automated use of Sun Presentation Minimizer: if this extension is also installed and enabled, you can optimize the file size on the fly, even without prompting this extension's GUI.
- I added a progress bar for the process of inserting pictures. However, I couldn't do the same for image compression with Sun Presentation Minimizer, as I don't know a way to monitorize this process.
- Translated into Catalan, English, French (thanks to Christophe Catarina) and Spanish, with language autodetection.
- Options are stored into a configuration file and reloaded on next execution.
- Image filtering is always applied to file selection; also is natural sort to the selected file list. I did not use regular expression filtering.
- Even though this extension creates a toolbar button on OpenOffice.org, you can call the program from the command line like this:
- On Unix-like systems (like GNU/Linux):
- On Windows:
"(path to your OpenOffice.org installation)\program\soffice.exe" macro:///PortablePhotoAlbum.Main.Main
(It's a single line. You can make a direct link to this command or make a .bat file with it, just remember to wrap the first element with double quotes if it has more than one word)
- Thus, the idea is to generate a new file every time, you cannot append images to an open existing file, at least by now. However, there is the option of fetching a "template" presentation; this mainly allows you to set a predetermined background for your presentations.
Feel free to submit your opinions, issues and improvements.